Been thinking about what I’d like to run in 2019. Because kids, I’m having a tough time dredging up genuine enthusiasm right now. End of year blues I guess.
I think my aspirational list goes, in no particular order other than what pops into mind:
* Invisible Sun (many thanks to the patronage of Lester Ward)
* Forbidden Lands (maybe, the setting book is seriously bumming me out)
* Ars Magica (for reals!)
* The Sword, the Crown, and the Unspeakable Power (if we can find our way back to healthy melodrama)
* Würm, maybe? Looks trad but also very weird and interesting.
* Paladin, if I can wrap my head around what a campaign would look like.
* Maybe straight up Blades in the Dark, but I really need to nail down a better handle on how the downtime game drives the rest of play. I’m just thinking I really did enjoy running Scum & Villainy.
Stuff recently read but not on my list, sitting on my shelf, watching, judging:
* Kult (that whole book bums me out)
* Prince Valiant, doesn’t seem like there’s much there there. Maybe I’ll bring it to a con as a lark, pick a scenario out of the book at random or something.
* Wrath of the Autarch, because Legacy showed me that lack of character monogamy/investment is really hard on my folks. :-/
* … actually this list is disturbingly long and it makes me sad so I’ll stop here.
I dunno, just writing all that tired me out. Might be time to hide in my chrysalis for a while.