Latest Reading Draft
To celebrate the finale of Westworld last Sunday, I put the last touches on this very cursory design I started doodling several weeks ago. This is reading alpha 5, with quite a bit of new material and some reorganization for the folks who were reading previous drafts.
Now I’m not sure how to proceed with it!
* Designing it to be visually appealing would increase interest a hundredfold, I’m sure, but that’s a good bit of time. Which leads me to the next point…
* I’m not really sure this is even something I could sell. I mean, I haven’t really scrubbed the serial numbers off very hard but it seems like I’d need to do a lot to differentiate it from Westworld itself.
* As a design project, it’s fulfilled my goal of letting me experiment with a form of gmless PbtA that I’ve been thinking about for a year now. So at the very least, yay, I think the bones of the thing would work for some other premise.
Anyway, enjoy. I think the next version would be Beta 1 and would need layout.
Taking ideas and advice on how to proceed. Until then, on to the next project!