This is the freeform larp I should have submitted. Guess I’ll hold off ’til Fastaval.
Daddy Loves Cake
Content warnings: child abuse, privation, cake
This larp is played out in three acts. It is for a father and his daughter. Any two participants may play the game, but those are the roles.
Act 1: The Decision
Instructions for the father: go to the fridge and look for the last piece of cake. Now decide: do you eat it or not?
- Your daughter is not home
- There is nobody else in the house
- There are actually one and a half pieces left, but that pan is taking up an awful lot of room. And that half-piece is so very small.
If you eat the cake, proceed to Act 2. If you do not, pat yourself on the back, you’re a better dad than me.
Act 2: The Eating
Instructions for the father: Eat the hell out of that cake.
- The cake is slightly stale
- You weren’t actually hungry
- That half-piece is just a little bit too much to eat.
Act 3: The Betrayal
Instructions for the daughter: go to the fridge and look for the last piece of cake. Of course you won’t see any. Now decide: accept a lesser dessert or wage endless war?
- That was the best cake you’ve ever tasted. EVER.
- It is gone forever.
- Daddy doesn’t even care that this is the worst day of your life.
- If the daughter agrees to a lesser dessert, everyone wins
- If the daughter does not agree to a lesser dessert, everyone loses